I loved this idea from Risa at BreadCrumb Reads who listed books she would like to receive for Christmas.
My wish list at Amazon is a mile long, but it includes many items of interest that are not necessarily books I'd like to own. In recent years my library has been drastically reduced and I've written a little about why in two posts called Fun with Books, and Minimizing my Library. And if you've followed any of my recent posts you know that our last move required me to take only the books that would fit into one suitcase. All this to say, physical books have a much looser hold on me than they used to.
BUT if I had to choose a handful of books that I really wanted, these would be on the list:
1) Towers in the Mist by Elizabeth Goudge - because you can never have enough Goudge.
2) Handbook on the Pentateuch (2005 edition) by Victor P. Hamilton - because I love teaching the Old Testament and this was one of the men who helped to ignite my interest in it.
3) On the Shoulders of Hobbits by Markos - because I read Return of the King and The Hobbit in 2012 and fell in love with Hobbit courage.
Books that I've read (and loved) and would like to add to my library (in gorgeous hardcovers, of course!):
4) Trollope's Barsetshire series
5) Middlemarch by George Eliot
Merry Christmas to all my fellow book lovers! What titles are on your wish list?